A Few Backlink Opportunities for Your Business
The ideas discussed above will provide you with plenty of rich opportunities for building backlinks and generating traffic back to your website. By and large, however, they work best with content-heavy websites that deal primarily in information. If you are running a business, your website is important, but you may not have much content left over to publish to other websites.
In this case, article marketing and related tactics won’t work as well for you. Fortunately, business websites have other opportunities at their disposal that can generate rich backlinks of their own:
- List your business with a link to its website on every listing and review page that you can, such as Yelp or YellowPages.com. Not only will this create links back to your site, it will help you gather feedback from customers and boost your overall web presence.
- If your company is always looking for new talent, online job listing sites can provide an excellent link back to your site while getting your job opening in front of qualified candidates. These listings are frequently shared among friends or families as well, boosting your numbers.
- If you run a business, check local sites for your community. Some cities have calendars of upcoming events, and you may have a relevant event to list there, like a customer appreciation day, half-price day or similar deal.
- If you offer any coupons or special deals, list your website on deal sites, particularly those targeted to your specific geographic location.
- If you have partners, affiliates or vendors, see if you can have your page listed on their sites. Vendors are often happy to list their clients on their website as a way to show how successful the business is. If your business provides a service, ask to have a testimonial with a backlink placed on your client’s website.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. As you develop your company’s marketing plan, you may come up with many more. In general, anything you can do to raise awareness about your company can also create a backlink, boosting your site’s rank and improving your Web presence.